The Iowa Central men's tennis team upped its record to 4-2 on the season with a 9-0 win over Buena Vista at Dodger Courts Thursday afternoon. Iowa Central swept each of the doubles matches 8-1 and won in straight sets in each of the six singles.
- Colten Way/Nicholas Fifield (IC) defeated Jesse Brace/Aaron Pluym (BV) 8-1
- Chase Roseth/Nate Thoms (IC) defeated Aaron Mumm/Tom O'Hara (BV) 8-1
- Zane Baker/Coleton Hout (IC) defeated Cole Goslar/Zach Henderson (BV) 8-1
- Chase Roseth (IC) defeated Jesse Brace (BV) 6-4, 6-3
- Colten Way (IC) defeated Aaron Pluym (BV) 6-1, 6-0
- Antony Lekoko (IC) defeated Aaron Mumm (BV) 6-1, 6-0
- Ruu Pultz (IC) defeated Tom O'Hara (BV) 6-0, 6-0
- Jacob Martens (IC) defeated Zach Henderson (BV) 6-1, 6-1
- Coleton Hout (IC) defeated Andrew Boell (BV) 6-0, 6-0
"This was a nice win for our men as we had the opportunity to get some more guys playing time today. We purposely held our #1 (Manuel Roman) and #2 (Cliff Dwyer) out of competition today and moved several guys up into the varsity line-up to get them some valuable experience. Other players, like Chase Roseth and Colten Way we moved up from their usual spots of #3 and #4 to #1 and #2 ,so to win 9-0 with our young guys stepping up into higher positions and moving guys that are normally varsity reserve into the varsity line-up was really big for us today. Chase had an exceptional match at #1 today against BV's Jesse Brace who strikes the ball extremely hard and is incredibly athletic. Chase did a good job of staying poised, hitting toward big targets and improved his return of serve big-time in the second set. It was nice to see Coleton Hout (FDSH) have a big win for us in his first varsity match of the year. We have a quick turnaround as we host Simpson tomorrow. We beat them in a close match last year at their place so I have no doubt they will be ready for us." – Todd Redenius, Head Coach
The Triton men play against the Simpson Storm Friday at 3:30 p.m. at Dodger Courts.